*That was meant to be the body of my blog post, but since my dear offspring woke us up in the middle of the night (read: 7am), I have changed the body of my post, while keeping the title. I like the title, it reminds me of a simpler time, a non-adulting time…
Happy Independence Day fellow Zimbabweans! 38 years now! I’m sure this is a time for deep reflection, where our nation has been, where it is now, and where it is going. To remember the ones who died, the ones who went through the horrors of war to liberate the nation.
For me? It’s a time to relax! Chill! Maybe even take a nap! Catch up on the series I’ve been unable to catch up on. I’ve been trying to catch up on Atlanta, but with work and family, there was no time. Now I have my water ready (no wine today), many snacks, and my chilling uniform on and I’m ready.
I’ve been catching up on newly-released albums as well. I’ve listened to:
- Tseu Tseu by ExQ- Fire album, but I didn’t like how “Msikanzwa” sounded a lot like “Nhema”. It kept throwing me off. “Nzenza” is fantastic.
- Invasion of Privacy by Cardi B – I didn’t think I’d like it, but I do. It’s reminiscent of Lil Kim’s sound, that’s why I liked it, I think.
- Mashoko Anopfuura by Killer T – Classic Killer T sound, I liked that.
- Sex and Cigarettes by Toni Braxton – I’m not done yet, but Deadwood? Spectacular. She sounds just like she did when she released her first album. Her sound has matured, and I’m all for that.
- SHTDi by Takura -I’m not done yet, I’m loving the intro. Oh. My. Word.
After this, I have a list I have to finish before tomorrow.
What are you up to today? Are you relaxing like us Zimbabweans, or are you at work? How do you spend your free times and relaxing times? Let me know in the comments.
Until next time… your Quarter Wife.